#4 'Lágrimas negras' by Trio Matamoros (1928)

SONG



"I love the guitar on this track; it makes me think of flamenco dancers. The lyrics appear to be particularly dark, but it sounds lovely in Spanish." - LC

Written by: Miguel Matamoros.
Label: RCA Victor.

FACTS

  •  The song was written and composed by Miguel Matamoros, who was the founding member of the trio.
  • He was inspired to write this track when he overheard a woman crying whilst he was visiting the Dominican Republic.
  • It was first composed as a tango, but the version that was recorded is considered to be the first example of a new genre: bolero-son. 

Translation
Black Tears
(This translation was done by myself using Google so feel free to correct it)

Although you've left me feeling abandoned,
Although you have destroyed all my dreams.
Instead of cursing you with bitterness,

In my dreams I just bless you.

I suffer the immense pain of your loss,

I cry with the deep pain of your game,
And know that I cry without weeping,
I have tears as black as my life.

You want to leave me.

I cannot live with myself.
I'm black but I find it hard to die.

You want to leave me.

I do not want to suffer,
I'm with you my saint,
But I find it hard to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment